How to get involved:
1. Fill out a volunteer application, and a BCI (background check). Send both forms and a photocopy of a state issued ID and a copy of your social security card to PO Box 1028, West Jordan, UT 84084.
2. You will be notified when you pass your background check.
3. If you have questions about volunteering, contact South Valley Sanctuary staff at 255-1095 or email us.
General Volunteer Opportunities
South Valley Sanctuary gratefully accepts volunteers and donations. Contact the shelter at 801-255-1095 or email@example.com for more information.
Non-Direct Client Services
- Organizing and sorting donations
- Shelter Maintenance and deep cleaning
- Picking up and delivering items for shelter
- Taking inventory
- Teaching community education classes
- Organizing special fund raisers
- Seasonal chores (Yard work,snow removal)
- Office Support (filing, mailing phone calls)
Note: 40 hours DV training required to answer phones
Direct Client Services
- Conducting children’s activities
- Holding holiday activities
- Sharing talents with residents
- Volunteers must pass a background check.
- Twenty four hours of advocacy training is required for
- volunteer opportunities that involve direct on-going
- interaction with clients.
- Volunteers under 18 years old must have
- parental permission.
- Volunteers must sign a confidentiality agreement
- and drug-free workplace agreement.
- If you have lived outside of UT in the last 5 years,
- you must submit two fingerprint cards with your background check.
- There is a $10.00 fee for fingerprinting and a $34.25 fee to conduct the background check payable to the Department of Human Services.
- Contact the shelter for additional information or to have fingerprint cards mailed to you.
- You must agree to comply with the Department of Human Services Provider Code of Conduct.
South Valley Sanctuary has a constant need for upkeep and repairs. Contact the shelter at 801-255-1095 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your interest!
- Making general repairs
- Filling holes in the drywall
- Washing exterior windows
- Cleaning carpets
- Washing walls and blinds
- Cleaning, waxing, and buffing tile floors
- Painting and repairing smoking shack
- Purchasing and placing carpet strips
- Pouring new concrete floor outside storage shed
- Building shelves in the storage areas
Eagle Scout Projects
If you are interested in doing an Eagle Scout or group project for South Valley Sanctuary, contact the shelter at 801-255-1095 or email@example.com
The following projects are examples of excellent Eagle Scout projects:
- “Adopt a Room” – redecorate and paint a room
- Putting in a sidewalk from driveway to pedestrian gate
- Collecting grocery store gift certificates (at least $500.00)
- Collecting long distant calling cards (at least 30)
- Collection Drive for items listed on Urgent Needs List
- Conducting a big paper products drive
- (paper towels, toilet paper, facial tissues,
- large garbage bags)
- Prepare and/or collect holiday items for families staying in the shelter
- (Halloween costumes, Easter baskets, etc.)
- Collection Service Projects
Donations to South Valley Sanctuary can be made at the
1930 West 7800 South
West Jordan, UT.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the shelter at 801-255-1095 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you for your generous support! We really appreciate it!
Comprehensive Urgent Needs List (See Attachment)
Some of our most urgent needs:
- Monetary donations
- Tools: Screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, wrenches, screws, etc.
- Batteries,(especially AA’s)
- Spray disinfectant
- 39 gallon garbage bags
- Face wash, mascara, eye pencils
- Baby items: Sippy cups, monitors and diaper rash ointment
- Baby diapers size 4 and up
- Copier paper
- Heating pads
- Cereal, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and ramen noodles
- Paper towels, toilet paper
- Robes and slippers
- Women’s underwear and bras
- Boy’s pants (sizes 4 and up)
- Laundry soap and dryer sheets